Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I and Me but They

From: Me
To: They

Is it my fault that I am I and not they?
Ignored cause me I am is not me like they.
Unliked for I is different to they that they.

I ask for mercy but they give nay.
The me I am cannot be they say,
That I must be they, no other way.

And so I struggle to change my way.
To please them they, I hold my stay.
But in the end I just can’t be they.

And so it ends, my tale today.
It hurts me for I can’t be me and they.
So please accept me for I am, Okay?


***Edit: approx. 1 hour later***
To quote from Green Day's new song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" which by the way great.

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

Lyrics for the rest of the song here

No comments: